10.01.2012

It's Delightful: Findings...and Some Party Notes!

I have some random things for you today- so here it goes:

 {So proud of my brother and his clothing line Baldwin GQ featured his Camo pants on their front page today: Check it out HERE. Yes...this is JayZ wearing his pants- so fun!}


{Look what I found stashed in Ellie's backpack- apparently she has been taking her Bible with her to school every day- I LOVE that!!}

{Ellie has become an expert in friendship bracelet making- and she is really good! I am not going to lie, I loved making friendship bracelets, so it is fun to go pick out the thread, etc.. Occasionally I get on a roll and she has to remind me that it is her bracelet..oops!}

{Here is my fall porch, thanks to my mom- I had a big pile of pumpkins and mums on the porch and she came over and arranged it in 5 minutes...I just love being festive!}

{Here is my chalk pumpkin, I wanted it to still look like a pumpkin so I didn't paint the whole thing with chalk- I think it is cute!}

{Here are the girls arranging their pumpkins for painting, we spray painted them white before painting- I dont think that was a necessary step. Yes, Izzy is wearing a gymnastics outfit (and sparkle shoes)...no we are not taking gymnastics right now}

{This is literally the only picture I took of the painting party- the aftermath! It was fun, we set up tables in the garage (it was supposed to rain) and poured paint on paper plates and let them go to town!}

{The food was a hit- here are the leaf cookies and cinnamon pita chips- in my mind cinnamon=fall!}

 {these are the cookies}

{These are the pita chips...YUMM!}

{I served my version of a Peach Bellini- just champagne and peach juice- it was DELISH! Everyone loved these!}

{Moving on to the birthday party for Dave- I was too busy cooking and chatting to take pictures..as usual! But here are some notes}

{My grandma and Aunt came up from Wichita for the party- so sweet! The kids loved seeing her!}

{Here is the cake I made Dave- it was really yummy..I am not going to lie :) }

{Few Cake tips: Substitute Buttermilk for water in the box mix. I make homemade icing- 1 (2 lb) bag of powdered sugar, 1 stick margarine, 3t vanilla, 1/4 cup milk (then add to for right consistency) I put it in my KitchenAid and whip away. Then I take my pastry bag with whatever tip I want and put it like the pic below to fill it with the icing- that is a really helpful tip from my SIL Courtney. Refilling the bag is a PAIN and this makes it really easy!} 

{One more tip- I love 7 layer dip...well who doesn't? Anyway, my friend Heather gave me this tip FOREVER ago- layer: beans, guac, sour cream...BUT mix in taco seasoning with the sour cream before layering it- makes all the difference!!! then cheese, green chilies, black olives, etc... Its all about the sour cream/seasoning layer!}


Was that random or WHAT!?! Happy Monday- have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Chalkboard pumpkin! And my mom always mixes the taco seasoning with the sour cream, and I agree- it makes all the difference.

    I found your blog through your "Newborn- Sleeping through the night" post. I just wanted you to know that I was grateful to read about your experience and am so sorry that you had negative comments. Thank you for putting yourself out there and sharing so that people (like me) can get insight (and comfort) as we try to help our babies sleep better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to encourage me Shantel! Blessings to you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...