2.20.2012

Recipe Monday: Chicken Enchiladas and Salsa!

I have been a little out of it on the cooking front lately with the birthdays and girls being sick! I am putting this one up today, my college roommate gave me this recipe and it has been a staple ever since. Everyone always loves these enchiladas and the salsa is a huge hit and SO easy (thanks to my friend Jessica for teaching me years ago). So here you go! 


Chicken Enchiladas:
(I usually double the recipe)
-12 flour or whole wheat tortillas (I use whole wheat)- or corn for the gluten free lovers
-3 cups diced chicken (I get a rotisserie chicken and use all of the meat from that)
-2 cans cream of chicken soup
-1 cup diced green chiles
-3 cups sour cream
-3/4 lb jack cheese
-3/4 lb cheddar cheese
(12oz = 3/4lb, so I buy a cheddar jack mixed 24oz bag)
-3-4 green onions
-1/2 can chopped olives
-dash of paprika
-1 small chopped onion (optional)


*Combine soup, chiles, onion, olives, sour cream, and 1/2 cheese mixture. Reserve 2 cups. Place chicken in a bowl, mix with other ingredients. (I sometimes just mix it all and use the chicken with the topping). Fill tortillas, cover with reserve mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, green onion and paprika. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. 




Easiest Salsa Ever: 
2 cans of rotel (mild rotel for mild and regular for spicy)- drained
2 cans diced tomatoes- drained
1 bunch chopped cilantro
*blend in an blender or food processor 
Squeeze the juice of one or two limes and stir (depends how much lime you like- taste and decide)
I always get a ton of compliments on this salsa- so easy and yummy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...